Monday, November 10, 2008

10-0!!

I just returned from a GREAT weekend in Lubbock where I got to cheer on my Red Raiders as they went 10-0 Saturday night! WRECK 'EM TECH!!! The town is CRAZY, and it was SO MUCH FUN to be a part of the excitement.

Because I recently had to purchase airline tickets for both Thanksgiving and Christmas, I decided a few weeks ago that DRIVING to Lubbock (after school on a Friday) seemed like an okay idea. Fortunately, I enjoy a little peace and quiet after school, so I managed to suffer through the 7 1/2 hour ordeal. My excitement about the game even led me to find a way to entertain myself for the trip's entirety. This included convincing those on the highway with me that I am an untapped musical talent who needed to practice a few numbers for my debut as Belle in Broadway's "Beauty and the Beast". I don't want to brag, but my performance was magical.

Probably the most invigorating part of the night was being pulled over for speeding. Fortunately, I was in West Texas and was pulled over by a county sheriff...who was apparently a Tech fan. I'm not sure why, but my voice went completely country as soon as I began to explain that I am not an out-of-stater...and that Texas is my home. Apparently, my talent extends beyond Broadway. Anyhow, when I shared with him that I was heading to the Tech game, he told me he would run my license and give me a warning so I could be on my way. I LOVE TEXAS!

I then made one quick pit stop at the Toot 'n Totum in Amarillo for gas and a Laffy Taffy before arriving into Lubbock just after midnight. It was quite a night...and quite a weekend!

Here are a few pics...

Tessa, Taleigh, me, and Morgan (one of my former students who was checking out the campus)



The SISTERS in front of the Tech seal. GUNS UP!!



Two good reasons NOT to go to OSU. Yes, her eyebrows are orange....because we might not have thought it was natural otherwise!



GAME TIME!!!



10-0!!!



And because it has been so long since my last post, here are a few of the "goings on" of Tiffany over the past couple of weeks...

One of our sweet friends from small group hosted a breakfast at her house before church. The view from the house was incredible...you could see the entire city. This is my friend Kari and me (and Kari's cousin's daughter).



Our Fall Festival was the night before the UT-Tech game. Someone (with really bad taste) chose burnt orange shirts for the volunteers. You REALLY can fix ANYTHING with duct tape, can't you?



Kari, Christy, Becky, and I all have birthdays in September and October, so we decided to celebrate with brunch at the Broadmoor. This was the morning after Tech beat UT, so....YES, I wore my Tech shirt to the Broadmoor!



In front of the lake at the Broadmoor


My BFF Sarah Palin came to see me the night before the election.


Unfortunately, the spotlight behind the stage ruined my pictures, but if you look really carefully...you can see Todd and Sarah...LOVE THEM!

4 comments:

The Stevens Family said...

Girl - I was AT the TECH v UT game!!! If you thought the one against OSwho? was good you should have been in Lubbock for that one!
I can't believe I missed you by literally 6 hours - I went home to Dallas Friday as you were driving in. My trip however was not quiet, nor was it boring. 3 children can definitely fill up a 6 hour drive. :)

DEWS NEWS said...

Once a TEXAN always a TEXAN...got to love our country state!!!

I am so surprised that you made it to the game though...surprised that a talent scout didn't pick you up!
Oh well...next trip!!!

DEWS NEWS said...

Oh, one more thing...the ORANGE HAIR...that is nothing, girl-friend!
Come see me here...our ORANGE (RED, PURPLE, you name the color, we got it!)hair matches everything we wear...coat, boots, purse,etc.
AND I'm talking expensive coats, etc...I wonder, how many COLORED coats do they have in their scoffs!

Michael and Jennie said...

I still love Texas and I've been away for 16 years - hard to believe it's been THAT long! I'm excited to keep up with you through this!!!