Monday, April 6, 2009

Camera Download

It would be impossible to sum up the crazy adventures I have experienced over the past few weeks, so I'll let my camera do the talking...

These pictures are really from January, but I neglected to download them until now. A few people from my small group took an overnight retreat to a cabin called Praise Mountain just outside of Divide, Colorado....





A couple of weeks later, I celebrated Black Saturday (aka Valentine's Day) at Winter Park with a few friends from church. I wore a red hat in honor of this most festive occasion. Not really, I actually just noticed it while looking at this picture.




Then, my good friend Laurie came for a weekend visit. We spent one day in Vail and the rest of the weekend enjoying Colorado Springs. Laurie tore her meniscus on a mogul run, and being the compassionate friend that I am...I made her continue to ski. Perhaps this is why my red hat and I spent Black Saturday with my single friends.



*BONUS* - My good First Baptist friend, Todd, just happened to have a trip planned to Vail on the same day. So, he spent the day skiing with us too.


Just to make sure Laurie wasn't faking the injury, I made her hold up rocks while I took pictures at Garden of the Gods. She was such a trooper.



THEN, I went home for Spring Break and spent some time with three of my favorite guys (and my VERY favorite niece who isn't pictured here)...





I ended my Spring Break suffering in the mountains of Colorado. My small group spent the weekend at Young Life's Crooked Creek Ranch where we did a little skiing and relaxing.








This little guy was outside our door one morning, so we stared at him for a long time and took pictures...and then took a different route to breakfast.




The next weekend, my friends from Houston's First Baptist came in town for their ski trip. So, I joined them....






On the first run of the day, I attempted to demonstrate my skills by gracefully flailing down the mountain and jamming my boot (or pole...not sure which) into my inner thigh. While I tend to neglect the injuries of others, I enjoy a little attention for my own aches and pains. Since it is still cold here, these legs won't see the light of day for at least a few more weeks. So, I feel the need to post my injury on the internet for all the world to see.



Kari, Brian (the photographer), and I thought it would be a good idea to sit outside in a blizzard for an hour and a half beginning at 7:30am on a Saturday morning to wait in line for the REI Garage Sale. We're smiling in this picture, but it isn't because we were enjoying ourselves. It was COLD! Oh, and I came home with nothing. I'm bitter....and I'm not going to pretend that I'm not.



To top off my weeks of fun, a friend from college came in town yesterday. So, another college friend used her visit as an excuse to have a mini sorority reunion. There are seven of us here in the Denver/Colorado Spring area. We had such a blast reconnecting!


2 comments:

Melissa-D said...

The leg pic - OW! It looks like you're having fun!

Julie Marler (Mammy) said...

Whew! You make me tired just looking at all your skiing pictures! We used to do that a lot - hmmm....that would have been in our late 20's when we were young and full of energy! There is sure a lot of cute guys in your pics - is this a "single" small group you're in! Might want to bring one of them with you when you move back!!
Mammy