Saturday, February 7, 2009

Costco

I recently gave into peer pressure by abandoning my Sam's card and jumping head first into the Costco craze. I tend to by a loyalist and usually do my best to stick with an original, but this is a decision I do not regret. I have to give a shout out here to my good friend Tiffany H. for pushing me over the edge on my membership purchase. High five, Tiff. I am in food warehouse heaven.

Aside from a sizable selection of organic and healthy food options, Costco of Colorado Springs offers an impressive variety of delicious sample treats. Now, I know samples, but the display I witnessed last week was a thing of rare beauty. In all honesty, I am struggling to find reasons why I should ever buy food again. The way I see it, I just bought a fifty dollar meal ticket. The next time I visit, I'm coming armed with my own plate and an after-dinner mint.

I don't know about you, but I love me some samples. Of course, half of the fun is pretending as though I have randomly stumbled upon each delectable food station...as if I am so intent on my shopping that I unwittingly happened upon the bite-sized portions of pork ribs in barbecue sauce or natural turkey jerky. Truth be told, I typically run over three or four less aggressive customers in my race to the sample buffet. Of course, I slow my pace to a respectable trot somewhere between the outdoor fountains and patio furniture because I value discretion and see no reason to alert the sample staff of my arrival.

I also go to great lengths to consume my samples in the appropriate meal order...appetizers first, main course second, dessert last. This almost never happens though. Quite frankly, skipping a sample station in the hopes that supplies are unlimited is a risk that I'm just not willing to take.

Needless to say, my first official member trip to Costco far exceeded my expectations. My warehouse club loyalty has forever been changed, and I'm not looking back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We just switched to costco too. I took the kids to costco today for "lunch" and entertainment. Molly played in the playhouse and we ate all the samples we could get, then went home and took naps. Great day!

Jill