Thursday, February 5, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

This has been going around on Facebook for awhile, so I finally gave into the pressure and came up with 25 random things about myself...

1. I find that my mind now thinks in third person. I blame this on the Facebook "status" option. Example...Tiffany doesn't understand why there aren't more samples at Whole Foods today. She wasn't planning on buying dinner, and now it looks like she is going to have to find something to eat.

2. When I yawn, my left eye takes awhile to pop back to its original size and shape. I don't think I'm alone on this one.

3. I am completely disgusted by people who clip their nails in public. The nail salon does not count as public.

4. I won the school Spelling Bee in 5th grade. (By the way, my mom didn't have a car at the time and walked over 2 miles down Huffmeister pushing Tara in a stroller to see me win). I lost the district Spelling Bee on the word "adamant". I think of this EVERY TIME I use the word "adamant". Unfortunately, I'm adamant about many things.

5. I plan on blaming everything that goes wrong in the next 4 years on Barack Obama. I think I've earned this after taking the heat for the past 8 years. By the way, Tiffany is pretty sure it was Barack Obama's fault that there weren't more samples at Whole Foods today.

6. The two criteria I have for my wardrobe are comfort and warmth. This goes for shoes as well.

7. "Little House on the Prairie" is my favorite show, and I'm not afraid to say it.

8. I cheer out loud and clap my hands for the contestants on "The Biggest Loser" even when I am watching it alone. I like to see people work hard to achieve their goals. I also cheer out loud and cry a little when a family on "Extreme Home Makeover" gets their new house.

9. I LOVE that I'm a Texan!

10. I LOVE that I live in Colorado!

11. There is a small part of me that would like to be Amish. However, I do not enjoy Shoe-fly pie...or bonnets.

12. I'm fascinated by history, especially American history.

13. One of my favorite childhood memories is when my parents surprised us by picking us up from school early to take my sisters and me to see "Mr. Mom" at Town and Country mall. Disclaimer...As a teacher, I get really mad when parents take their kids out of school to go to the movies.

14. One thing I look forward to as a mom is packing my kids' lunchboxes and writing notes on their napkins.

15. "Hee Haw" was on TV last week, and I watched it.

16. The first time I wore a training bra to school, I hated it so much that I went to the bathroom during recess and stuck it in my pocket.

17. I despise the word "belly" unless it is preceded by the word "jelly" or followed by "of a whale". I have also recently decided that I don't like the word "shawl". Fortunately, shawls are not often a topic of conversation in the 21st Century....unless you're Amish.

18. I love chocolate! I think the only fruits that should ever mix with chocolate are fresh strawberries or bananas.

19. It doesn't matter how many miles I run, I will always have "Excuse me, pardon me" thighs. I blame this on Barack Obama.

20. I never get tired of the mountains. I am still as in awe of them today as I was the first time I visited Colorado. The sunset behind Pike's Peak is one of my favorite things.

21. I won a calf scramble (of sorts) at a local rodeo when I was in elementary school. The grand prize was five dollars.

22. I was sent to the principal's office one time during my school career. I was in the third grade, and I hit Michael Froelich because he wouldn't stop eating paper. My principal was Mr. Charles Goodson. The last five years I was in Houston, I taught at Charles Goodson Middle School. Apparently, he didn't think Michael should have been eating paper either.

23. I read the labels on just about anything I buy.

24. I think the Northwest Memorial Baptist Church congregation of the 80's is the most incredible group of people ever to be assembled.

25. I am blessed with an incredible family and wonderful friends. I am loved by an amazing God who humbles me with His unfailing mercy and grace. I live in a beautiful state and worship at one of the greatest churches on the planet. I have a job that allows me to touch the lives of people every day...and I get my summers OFF! I might not be where I want to be at this stage of my life, but I am still VERY blessed.

2 comments:

Melissa-D said...

I'm with you on #5!

Julie Marler (Mammy) said...

You are so dang creative and funny while writing!! You have got to write a book! A book about anything - doesn't matter! And I'm really "adamant" about that!! I agree with you on #5 and #24!! #24 was a great time for all of us!
Mammy