Saturday, June 6, 2009

I Still Hate Dressy Shoes


I managed to dig up a bit of photographic evidence to prove my long standing hatred for dressy shoes. As you can see, there are only three children in this picture...so this obviously goes back a few years. As the story goes, I was not at all happy about the fact that I had to wear my black dress shoes to the family photo shoot. Allegedly, I cried a few tears (or had a meltdown...whatever) which caused me to arrive at the Olan Mills studio looking as if I had just gone a few rounds with Muhammed Ali. Unfortunately, the color has changed over time thereby erasing the red circles around my eyes, but know this...the scars still run deep.

That aside...

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that my entire family, with the exception of Tara, has the same hairstyle?

3 comments:

Tara Powell said...

First off, I am just beside myself with the amount of updating you have done lately. Secondly, thanks for posting that gorgeous picture of our family. Hope your shoe shopping is going well.

Colwell Family said...

Thanks so much for posting this beautiful picture--check my hair out. It's bigger than my face!

Jenny Hering said...

It's Jenny Stumbaugh! (well, Hering now). You make me laugh!!!! I stumbled upon your blog today and now I remember why my mom LOVED teaching with you! You have the BEST sense of humor! :) I'm so glad you're loving life in CO. :)