Friday, December 5, 2008

Sticks and Stones

In case I haven't mentioned it one or forty times, 6th graders tend to push me to the brink of a nervous breakdown most days. I mean everyday. I recently had this conversation:

6th Grade Girl: He called me the "B" word.
Me (to 6th Grade Boy): Did you call her the "B" word?
6th Grade Boy: No, I called her a Big Nose because she called me a Ping Pong Head.

Being the professional that I am, I immediately began scrolling through my mental library of appropriate and effective responses to ABSURD accusations and conversations. Unfortunately, I could only come up with "Go sit down, and please...just STOP TALKING."

2 comments:

Melissa-D said...

That makes me laugh because it's SO true! I had a kid last year get in a fight because another kid called him a "skinny turd sucker"

Classy...

Me said...

Tiffany, that is hilarious! It almost makes me miss teaching . . . um, maybe not!