Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!

As is evident by my lack of blog posts during the past couple of weeks, I enjoyed a wonderful but busy vacation in Houston. I had a great Christmas with my family, and I even managed to see a few of my friends while I was home. In the spirit of Texas, I also made it a priority to eat and shop as much as humanly possible.

I haven't forgotten my roots.

I don't know about you, but I am looking forward to 2009. I'll be honest and tell you that the 2008 dating scene left much to be desired. I even went against my better judgment and joined Match.com late last summer. My experience left me wondering if perhaps I should make preparations to purchase a muumuu and a cat. And a carton of Marlboro's. I fear they are in my future. However, I did enjoy the complicated, formulaic way in which "Match" chose the potential love of my life. After weeks of careful scrutiny, I decided that "smoking preference" was the determining factor in who would appear on my list of possible mates. Apparently, BigTaz...


and this gentleman who seems to have misplaced his bagpipes...


are both non-smokers.

So, it is with open arms that I welcome 2009 and the many opportunities that are yet to be discovered. I trust that the coming year is full of blessings and wonderful surprises!

Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Tiff....I shall not post any pictures of my attempt at dating this year. Suffice it to say, however, that there were no kilts or fur coats. Of course, I did not join Match.com either. Thanks for the after warning since you so diligently encouraged me to join when you did. Good thing you and I both know who holds our future! Thankful He's given us the brains to have discretion too. Miss you, friend! Casey

Me said...

Yikes! Yeah, I met Mike on an internet dating site, but it was still definitely the providence of God! Those computers just aren't always the greatest at figuring out what is really important!

Melissa-D said...

Hee hee...

As a former eHarmony member, I will say that I was matched with quite some doozies! I had one guy who was laying on a bed with no shirt holding a small dog. He was very hairy (the guy, not the dog). Yeah, good times.

Good luck...it does work...

Erin said...

C'mon, Big Taz... you could have your very own Sugar Daddy!! ;-)

Melanie... said...

My vote is for bagpipe guy. Mel...