Wednesday, January 21, 2009

One Can Never Learn Eghnofe

As most of you know, I have a nineteen year old brother who is severely handicapped and in need of 24-hour care. My parents have a wonderful caregiver (Debbie) who helps them as much as possible, but my mom has been searching for an additional person to provide assistance when Debbie is unavailable. Of course, this is no easy task. Today, she consulted Craig's List to see if there might be any listings for someone seeking this type of employment. She came across the following gem and was kind enough to share it with me. This is COPIED AND PASTED from Craig's List for your enjoyment...

Hi my name is _______ .I have experience in taking care of a elderly person ,I took care of my friend he had bone cancer a very painful cancer. He could not help him self he wood not even know when he dirty him self I cleaned him up gave him bath and some days were harder for him so we did sponge baths . Washed what needed to be washed cooked his food and kept him company .Im not a nurse ,so I can not provide you with medical skills, there are some classes I will be take, So I will be more help full .Im a women with experience ,im intelligent patient, caring, loving person . I can prepare all most any meal ,also I m very clean I love my house clean and so I will kip yours .Im a good companion I love learning one can never learn eghnofe (You've got that right, Sister!), I like playing games cards, chest..... I love taking walks I just love the out doors ,and I love Animals if you have any I be glad to feed them .If you hire me you will be satisfeigth and your loved one will be happy with me .You will have a peas off mind . My 400-500 for 5 days. Please give me a chance . My email is


My admiration for the service this precious lady provides is the only reason I will neglect to comment on this passage. That, and the fact that there are so many thoughts swimming around in my head right now...I wouldn't even know where to begin.

5 comments:

Ashley McWhorter said...

Pour thang. :)

Melissa-D said...

As an English teacher...I'm saddened.

The Texas Woman said...

I thought that ad wonderful. I doubt if I could write in Spanish and make that much sense. What I'd give for some of her "peas off mind."

I hope somebody saw through the English and hired her.

The Texas Woman

Melanie... said...

Peas off mind! Well, that is what you want after all...

Julie Marler (Mammy) said...

I think my nail lady might have posted this ad on Craigs List!!!
When Brandon was about 3 yrs old, he kept telling me to sing him that song about "beans". I kept saying, "baby, I don't know a song about beans". But he insisted I did. Finally he said, "You know that song about beans in a river"! Poor baby must have thought I was singing about those "Peas in a river"!!
Mammy