Friday, May 29, 2009

ALMOST Summertime!

Today is my last official day of school even though my students finished last Thursday. I'm contracted for an extra week because, as we all know, teachers are most creative and productive immediately after school lets out for the summer. There is absolutely nothing in me that desires to step out into the seventy degree sunshine and hike a mountain right now...nothing. I'm devoted to my profession and to my students. Clearly, my extended time here at school is being put to good use.

While the exhilaration that comes from staring at a clock for an entire week is enough to leave you wanting more, it will likely be eclipsed by the thrill of such projects as cleaning out my garage, packing, and scrubbing my baseboards. What can I say? I live life on the edge. Another case in point...I'm leaving in a few hours to get a pedicure...in Colorado. Need I say more? The fear of what might come to my ten little piggies has been enough to steer me away from sandals since my Texas pedicure in March, but I can avoid the inevitable no longer. It simply has to be done. Until then, know that I’ll be spending my afternoon finding creative ways to hang the remainder of my ’08 -’09 school pictures throughout the building.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the pedicure. I'm sure they can "Fi for you".