Friday, May 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Tomorrow is my mom's birthday. Since I'll be away from my computer on her special day, I want to take this opportunity to wish her a very Happy Birthday. Mom, you truly are amazing. As I look back on our circumstances, schedules, and activities (not to mention our size), I have absolutely no idea how you kept us organized. You somehow managed to cheer us on at just about every basketball game, volleyball game, softball game, track meet, spelling bee, field day, competition, recital, assembly, school play, etc... And, you brought snacks. You made us a priority, always putting yourself last.

I never remember chaos in our home. From midnight homework assignments to emergency room visits, you took everything in stride. You are always the calm in the midst of crisis, and you have a resilience that comes from an uncompromising and steadfast faith. No matter the task or the situation, you quietly persist until the job is done or the problem is resolved.

Few people could advocate and care for TJ the way that you do. You have gracefully and tenaciously fought for him, as you have for the rest of us, through every step of his journey. You are, without a doubt, his biggest fan. Your commitment and devotion to him is an example to us all, and there is no reward this side of heaven that could match the sacrifices that you have made for him...and for each of us. I simply don't have the words to describe the love and gratitude I have for you. Throughout my entire life, you have exemplified the Proverbs 31 woman. So, today I rise up and call you blessed. (Proverbs 31:28). I love you, Mom...every single thing about you. Happy Birthday.

Oh, and I'm sorry about the whole Lifesaver, Handy Andy, hair pulling episode...totally my fault.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Tiffany. You make me sound really good!

Mom

DEWS NEWS said...

Tiff and Brenda, You sounded good cause YOU ARE!!!
I totally agree with everything Tiffany said. You are wonderful and I too want to wish you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY...thank you for giving us the GIFT of your life to read and FOLLOW!
Blessings dear friend!